Why is the trend about switching to solar photovoltaic (PV ) on the rise?
The trend to switching to solar PV in the world is on the rise today because of these four main reasons:
- Climate change and the need to move towards sustainability.
- Volatility of oil prices.
- Government policy.
- New business models making it simple to switch to solar without any money down.
2. Why solar PV?
Solar panels are now commercially and readily available technologies while solar energy can be easily harvested through photovoltaic (PV)— a technology made up of solar cells and consisting of a semiconductor material (silicon) that can easily produce electricity when struck with sunlight in a process known as photoelectric effect.
3. What is the process of switching to solar PV for your home or small business?
This blog explains the process of switching to solar PV through articles and available tools in the solar industry to assist homeowners and small business owners to make an informed decision when going solar. Some of the questions answered in the blog include:
- How much do solar panels cost?
- How much solar energy can I generate with solar panels?
- How much electricity from the grid can I offset with solar power?
- What will be your new energy bill when you combine your solar power and grid power electricity costs?
- Are solar panels worth it?
- How much energy and money savings can you achieve with solar panels?
- What solar panel financing options are available and the best options available?
- Can you actually install solar panels with no money down? How is this possible?
- Where in your location or near your location can you get certified solar contractors or installers to install and maintain your solar power system?
- Will my solar power system perform and generate savings in the next 20 to 25 years?
- Is it possible to receive free maintenance for the duration of time your solar power system will be installed?
- Why is your estimated energy or money savings possible?
- Will you get guaranteed warranty for my installed solar power system?
- How much sunshine does your roof obtain annually? Is this sunshine enough to generate solar energy for your home or business?
- Can you get financial support from the government in terms of investment tax credits and rebates to switch to solar? What support can you get from the federal and state government if you decide to switch to solar?
Why Switch to Solar Today?
Some of the reasons why you should switch to solar today include:
- To save money with solar energy.
- To reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to efforts of reducing climate change.
- Increase the value of your home.
- Reduce the cost of solar panels with government incentives.
- Save energy with solar energy (a free source of energy)
- The price of solar panels have dropped significantly as the technology continues to advance.
- Today you can get solar with zero money down.
Switching to solar in the USA
Many homes and businesses in America have switched to solar:
Homes: By 2013 about 400,000 homes in the US had gone solar compared with only 30,000 homes in 2006. The number of homes going solar is projected to be between 900,000 to 3.8 million by 2020 (According to US DOE, annual Energy Outlook, 2014 and SunShot Vision Study 2012 Data)
Businesses: Companies, including some of the most recognized brands in the US such as Walmart, IKEA, Bed Bath & Beyond, Staples among others have switched to solar panels. Also
- The solar industry is applying some of the most innovative financing options that do not require your business or home to put any money down to obtain solar panels. These financing options are solar power purchase agreement (Solar PPA) and Solar Lease.
- There are four options as shown below which are used by both homeowners and businesses to finance their solar panels:
- Solar PPA
- Solar Lease
- Learn more here about solar panel financing for both residential solar panel financing and commercial solar financing.
How to switch to solar today in the USA
Today there are several solar installers and contractors in the USA and hence the decision to switch to solar may not be easy for some consumers. As a result, a few solar energy market places have been developed to enable customers to compare solar prices, financing options of switching to solar as well as certified solar installers and so on. This allows consumers to choose the best solar energy prices while comparing different plans available in the market. Some of these solar energy market places include the Energy Sage, Google Project Sunroof, Pick My Solar and Geostellar.