What are Portable solar panels for RV?
Portable solar panels for RV are solar panel kits that are off-grid and hence not connected to the grid and can be used to generate solar power for a recreational vehicle (RV).
Portable solar panels for RV are a great solution and an alternative to diesel generators providing clean power to your RV and saving you money at the same time. Portable solar panels for RV come with portable solar panels, adapter kits, battery, charge controller and an optional power inverter.
How do RV solar panels work
An RV PV system requires solar panels connected to a charge controller to ensure that your batteries don’t overcharge and using the batteries to store energy charged from sunlight. The inverter is connected and is used to convert DC electricity to AC electricity. Proper cables are used to connect all the components together and after proper installation is done according to your RV roof size, you can start enjoying the benefits of solar power in your RV.
Advantages of portable solar panels for RV
- RV solar panels help you to save money because once you have bought the solar panel kits, you don’t need to worry about fuel costs. It is a great alternative to diesel-powered generators. RV solar systems are almost maintenance-free because there are no moving parts in the RV PV system
- RV solar panels give you the freedom to travel even to the most remote areas where there is no electric grid.
- RV solar panels generate clean and quiet renewable energy as they do not burn fossil fuels hence they are good for sustainability.
Disadvantages of portable solar panels for RV
- RV solar panels will need extra space on your RV and for RVs with limited space, this might be cumbersome.
- Because there is no sunlight at night, and depending on the size of your RV solar panel system, you might need extra batteries which means more space is needed.
How much do solar panels for RVs cost?
Most portable solar panels for RV will have a power wattage of between 100 watts to 400 watts and depending on your power needs, that is, how many appliances you have in your RV and whether you are using your system for refrigeration; the ideal PV system is about 800 watts. Thus, assuming your 800 watts RV PV system has five (5) hours of direct sunlight, you’ll produce about 4,000Wh of solar power per day. Hence, the cost of your portable solar panels for RV will depend on your electrical load or appliances in your RV.
There are various brands of RV solar panels which you can buy online at Amazon, including but not limited to Renogy, Eco Worthy, HQST and many others. Most of the solar power systems are often sold in kits which include solar panels, a system monitor, wiring, and connectors. For more information about the pricing for your portable solar panels for your RV check out the various brands of RV solar panels at Amazon.com.