Steps of going solar using an online solar calculator.
Going solar can be an interesting process for those not familiar with how the solar power industry works. But with a little help navigating the world of solar power, it can be much easier. In the past, going solar was a long and difficult process. Only a handful of people were able to afford to go solar. Now with the advancement in technologies and solar awareness, just about anyone has an opportunity to go solar. Today we are going to take a deeper look at some solar software programs that can get you started in the right direction.
Solar Power Calculator & Online Solar Marketplace
A helpful solar software program that will provide you with detailed information is a solar power calculator. This tool allows you to input your address and current monthly electric bill. After calculations are completed, you will be provided with a detailed report. In the report, you will receive an estimated cost of installation and how many years it will take for the solar power system to pay for itself. This information will give you an idea of what your startup costs will be.
An online solar marketplace is a great place to find all your solar power needs. Here you will choose between different solar power manufacturers. Then you will be able to compare solar power system sizes to see which one meets your particular needs. Below is a step-by-step guide to using an online marketplace.
1. Use the Solar Calculator: Input your address in the solar power calculator that’s provided in the marketplace. This solar software tool will find your exact location and determine the basic cost of your future system.
2. Compare solar panel prices: The first step after you have used the calculator is to compare solar panel prices. You will be provided with a list of different price systems. This will allow you see where you stand with the current budget you have in mind.
3. Determine your solar energy production potential: After you have compared solar panel prices, you will then need to determine what your area’s solar energy production potential is. This will be based on several different factors. Location, average number of sunny days and the amount of shade around your building or home will be taken into account as well. Once these factors are all calculated, your solar energy production potential will be determined. This will help you choose the right size and type of solar panel system for your home or building.
4. Select a qualified local solar installer: Next you will choose from a list of certified solar installers that are based in your area. Depending on your location, this list may be very long or very short. Certain areas of the country are not considered solar panel friendly, and finding an installer may be a bit more difficult. When choosing an installer, make sure to do your own research. Don’t be afraid to call the installation company independently and ask them important questions. Find out if they are licensed in your state and insured for your protection.
5. Determine your financial options: Solar power systems have a large startup cost. While the systems will pay for themselves after several years, most people don’t have the budget to pay cash up front. There are several different finance options that will help fund your solar panel project. We will discuss those options later in this article.
6. Seeing how much you can save by going solar: Finally, after you have considered all the factors, you will determine how much money you will save by choosing to install solar panels on your home or building. These savings will be a driving factor in your decision to go forward with the solar project.
Solar Financing Options
A solar loan works just like any other type of loan. The homeowner or building owner will borrow the money to pay for both the solar panels and their installation. They will pay back that money each month with interest. This is the most common finance option and one that fits most people situation. Depending on the condition of your credit will determine the amount of interest you will pay. A down payment is also often required to secure the loan. Many homeowners use the equity in their home as collateral to secure a loan.
Solar PPA also known as solar power purchase agreement is a financial agreement between you and a developer. This very beneficial agreement will allow the developer to build and finance a solar power system on a customer’s property at little to no cost. Then the developer will sell the electricity to the customer at a rate that is normally much lower than the power company. This arrangement is long-term and is a great way to utilize solar power with no upfront costs. A contract will need to be signed and you will often have to pay a cancellation fee if you decide to get out of the contract early.
A solar lease allows homeowners and building owners to lease solar panel systems. This lease will be paid monthly and no upfront fees will be needed. Similar to a solar PPA, this agreement is great for those who simply don’t have the budget to purchase a solar system. PPA agreements are not available in all parts of the country. But if you live in an area that is covered, you should really give this type of agreement some thought.
EnergySage has a wealth of solar knowledge that will help guide you in the right direction. Each site has a solar power calculator that can help you etermine the size and cost of your own personal system. You will get to choose between residential and commercial calculatins for an accurate estimate that you can build on. After you have used the solar power calculator, you will be directed to an online solar marketplace. Here you will get to choose between different solar power manufacturers and installers that service your area.
Most recent blog posts
Four (4) reasons why using an online solar panel cost calculator will help you make a more informed decision to going solar
Today the process of going solar has been simplified with the onset of various online solar panel cost calculators that make it easy to compare and contrast between different solar PV systems in the market while comparing solar quotes from different solar installers. With this development, it makes shopping for solar as easy and efficient as booking an air flig [...]
How profitable is a biogas system for farmers and food processing companies?
Why biogas? Farmers, food processing companies and other stakeholders will have an important role to play when it comes to reducing food waste via the biogas generator. Food waste is one of the biggest contributors to climate change. If food waste were a country, it would come in third after the United States and China in terms of impact on global warming. Food wast [...]
Turning food waste to energy using Anaerobic Digestion
Food waste is a global issue causing climate change. Food waste is a global issue that has become a huge environmental issue over the last decade. In particular, food waste is a major source of methane (CH4) that is one of the most potent gases that is causing climate change. If food waste were a country, it would come in third after the United States and China in terms o [...]
Going green by reducing food waste through biogas generators
Going green involves activities that help to reduce waste when it comes to energy, food, water and how we treat the environment in general. When it comes to food waste, the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations estimate that about one third (1/3) of the food produced in the world for human consumption every year –approximately 1.3 billion tonne [...]
Energy Efficiency as a Service – Low hanging fruit for saving money in your renewable energy projects
The Energy Efficiency Concept Energy efficiency is an interesting concept for helping businesses and individuals reduce energy waste to support energy conservation and sustainability. For businesses, energy efficiency is good for improving their bottom line. On the other hand, individuals switching from incandescent to LED bulbs, for instance have the opportunity of [...]
What is the private sector doing about climate change?
Climate change is not a simple problem and thus requires different stakeholders to develop solutions or ways of tackling the issue. Government alone without the support of the private sector & civil society will not address the climate change issue. Climate change is actually a problem that is going to affect businesses in all walks of life [...]
Carbon Capture and Storage and Climate Change Mitigation.
Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) & Climate Change Mitigation. Carbon dioxide (CO2) is one of the greenhouse gas (GHG) that greatly contributes to climate change. At the moment, the world is still pumping out nearly 33 billion tons of CO2 and other greenhouse gases every year, even as more renewable energy sources like wind and solar power come online. Fossil fue [...]
Climate change and the new IPCC 2018 report.
Climate change is a hot topic among different groups of society and has been highly debated in both business and political circles. However, in the scientific literature, there is a strong consensus that global surface temperatures have increased in recent decades and that trend is caused by human-induced emissions of greenhouse gases. For instance, the National Aeronautics [...]