SWITCHING TO SOLAR PV
The abbreviation ‘PV’ stands for photovoltaic. Photovoltaic cells are composed of semi-conductor materials. When they make contact with sunlight, it excites electrons, which leads to the generation of electricity.
Photovoltaic solar panels are made from integrated components called solar cells, which fall into the categories of first, second and third generation solar cells. When people go solar, they will often get these solar panels added to their homes.
1. First generation solar cells are the traditional and widely commercially used photovoltaic cells. They are sometimes identified as wafer-based cells They are composed of crystalline silicon, including polysilicon and monocrystalline silicon.
2. Thin film solar cells fall into the second generation category and they include amorphous silicon, CdTE and CIGS cells. They are less commonly used in residential solar panels. For the most part, they are used in building utility-scale PV solar power stations. They might also be used in integrated PV systems or in more minor stand-alone solar power systems.
3. Third generation PV solar cells are not yet commercially available for the public use. Most of them are still being studied. The goal of the research is to decrease PV costs while maximizing the efficiency of the solar cells. Researchers and engineers are trying to incorporate organic materials, including organometallic compounds, in addition to inorganic materials. The goal is to reach greater efficiency and lowered PV costs. As a result of this research, solar generators might become more effective in the future.
Applications of Solar PV
The solar PV technology has a multitudes of different applications, such as:
1. Solar battery chargers:
- A lot of solar battery chargers can be tremendously useful even when they are small. Solar panels that are only capable of producing as little as 4 watts of power are still valuable. They can charge batteries with no load, including smartphone and cell phone batteries.
- If the solar panels can produce 5 to 10 watts, they can charge battery starting systems and various types of industrial equipment. Solar panels that can generate 11 watts and above can power recreational vehicles (RV), as well as remote battery bank systems.
- A 12 V solar kits can offer power on the go, including solar panels and small solar battery chargers that will create efficient, convenient, affordable, and reusable power. This is solar energy that can charge portable heaters, laptops, and smartphones while providing off-grid lighting.
- Solar battery chargers are great for camping trips and other forms of travel. They can also help people who are working away from a power outlet. This will be useful for people doing landscaping work or gardening. The Solar Battery Trickle Charger- 7 Watts- Amorphous Solar Panels is a good example of a product like this that people can order today. It’s excellent for outdoor vacations and adventures. People can also use it for their RVs and boats. As long as the applications don’t require more than 12V at a time, it should all work. All solar chargers can be very helpful to a wide range of different individuals.
- Some people who rely on technology in order to work will find it easier to continue with whatever they’re doing if they have solar battery chargers available to them. Considering the utility of solar panels, it is easy to answer the question: are solar panels worth it?
- In this blog, you find solar charger reviews to help you choose the best solar chargers depending on your specific requirements.
2. Solar Panels
- Solar modules or solar panels are more or less the same type of product. With many people trying to go solar, there are lots of solar panel reviews available today.
- Solar panel or module is a single photovoltaic panel composed of integrated solar cells. The solar cells are connected throughout the panel in parallel in order to increase the current. When engineers try to increase the voltage, the cells are connected in a serial format.
- Commercially-available solar modules and panels are made with 32 to 48 individual solar cells in a series, thus giving the panel the capability of charging a 12V DC battery.
- Solar panels can be used in grid connected PV systems for powering homes and businesses, agricultural solar powered solar pumps, utility scale power plant products, solar PV irrigation, and in modern mini and micro grids. People will ask: are solar panels worth it? The answer is a resounding: yes.
- In this blog, you will find solar panels review and guides to help you choose the best solar panels depending on your specific requirements.
- You can also find a solar panel calculator to help understand your solar panel costs, solar panel sizing (how many solar panels do I need) as well as your expected savings when you decide to go solar. We have also partnered with the EnergySage online solar marketplace to help you with your decision to go solar. By using the EnergySage online solar marketplace, your decision to go solar is supposed to be easy, faster, convenient, and you can save between $3,000 to $5,000 when you decide to go solar. Learn more about the EnergySage Solar Online Marketplace by clicking here.
- All solar generators more or less work in the manner of conventional portable generators, except they have the technology to harvest energy from the sun in order to produce large quantities of solar power. Some of them have a huge output. There are solar generators capable of generating 2500 watts. This can meet a wide range of different household needs, and it’s hugely helpful for all travelers.
- People who rely on solar panels for all of their power needs will be able to benefit from solar generators in case they have a power outage. Solar generators can help people compensate for some of the daily fluctuations in the availability of sunlight as well, since they can store solar energy effectively.
- Individuals who do not have solar panels but who still want to use solar power at different points can split the difference by choosing solar generators. This will allow them to gain something of a backup power source. During a power outage in which their traditional electricity fails them, they can use the power that they generated using their solar generators instead. As long as people keep these generators out in the sun charging, this will give them the opportunity to continue to use power during some of the most difficult seasons.
- In this blog, you find solar generator reviews and guides to help you choose the best solar chargers depending on your specific requirements.
4. Solar Lighting
- There are different lights that will be charged using solar power. Some people will set these lights along their walkways outside. They will charge during the day and they will be capable of lighting the way at night.
- Some of the modern light displays that people will use will integrate solar lighting. This will give people the opportunity to use holiday lights without having to worry about all of the oil that they are using in the process.
- The solar lighting will tend to last, and it can produce a great deal of illumination in spite of the fact that the lights are often small.
5. Solar Powered Water Pump
- A solar powered water pump is just like any other conventional electric pump with the exception that it is powered using solar photovoltaic (PV) technology instead of fossil fuels or electricity to pump water at a certain height or to a certain distance.
- Since it is solar PV powered, depending on the size of the pump, it comes with one or more solar panels (solar photovoltaic modules) as a source of its power and when sunlight falls on these solar panels — to produce a direct current (DC) which is transferred through electrons to the motor to pump out the water. If AC current is desired, the DC from the solar panels can be connected to an inverter to produce alternating current (AC).
- A solar powered water pump is used for various uses, but the main use of a solar water pump is to extract water from ponds, rivers, bore wells or other sources of water which is used for various applications, including, but not limited to:
- Drinking water
- Livestock use
- Responsible leisure
- Industrial use etc
- Solar water pumps have various advantages over conventional electric pumps, including but not limited to:
- Solar water pumps do not incur recurring costs, because they do not incur electricity or diesel costs
- Solar powered water pumps can be used in off-grid areas or places where it is difficult to procure diesel fuel.
- A solar powered water pump is a simple technology without many moving parts which means it has low maintenance costs.
- It is easy to operate
- It is not affected by power outages and hence can last longer as its motor is not affected by power fluctuations.
- In this blog, you will find solar water pump guides and reviews to help you find the best solar powered water pump depending your specific solar pump requirements.