ONLINE SOLAR TOOLS FOR SWITCHING TO SOLAR.
HOW TO Solar guides and tools.
MORE TOOLS & INFORMATION >>>(Affiliate Disclosure)
Can we use solar panels without battery?It depends on whether you are connected to the grid or not … It is possible to use solar panels[…]Read More How long does a solar panel take to pay for itself?This a typical question asked by people considering owning solar panels for their house or business. Since solar panels are[…]Read More What are some online tools to consider when you want to go solar?With the increasing demand for solar energy and people wanting to decide about going solar; new online tools have been[…]Read More How do solar panels work?As the costs of energy continue to skyrocket, many home and business owners are now turning to one of the[…]Read More Five things to consider before you go solar – 30% tariff on imported panels. Switching to solar or going solar is a process that can be a little bit tideous and complicated, especially[…]Read More Why is energy efficiency first before going solar?Whether you are a business or a home-owner interested in going solar; it is worth it to consider improving the[…]Read More
About the Author:
Alex Njuguna is a renewable energy and sustainability specialist with over 10 years experience in policy and renewable energy project development. He has worked for international organizations, such as the World Bank/Global Environment Facility (GEF) in the climate change mitigation section. He has been involved in contributing to the publications for REN21 (Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century) and development of renewable energy and sustainability policy frameworks in East Africa before moving to the United States. He has a Bachelor of Science (BSc) (Hons) in Industrial Chemistry (University of Nairobi) and Master’s degree in Environmental Management (University of Auckland ).
WHY THIS BLOG?
The idea for switchingtosolarpv.com is to enable online users interested to go solar or going green, find tools, solar panels review or relevant information to make informed decisions about their sustainability decisions.
Online tools shared here could be online solar panel calculators, carbon footprint calculators, solar PV technology reviews, or just well researched information that help online users determine their best choices whether is the best solar panels, solar panels review or going green principles depending on their needs and wants.
Solar panel calculators recommended here may not provide exact figures, but provide good estimates on solar potential, savings and costs because they utilize Light Detection and Ranging data (LiDAR).
LiDAR is the most accurate form of topographical data used to create three-dimensional digital elevation models (DEMs) that analyze the impacts of shading obstructions, identify roof tilt, and estimate the amount of roof area that can used for a particular solar installation and are obtained with greatest degree of accuracy.
Examples of such a solar panel cost calculator using LiDAR technology include tools from EnergySage, PickMySolar and Google Project Sunroof. The main reason these solar calculators have been developed is to reduce the solar acquisition cost to the end user.
Join EnergySage or Pick My Solar today to Get Access to Multiple Free Solar Quotes!
- When you join EnergySage or Pick My Solar you can receive multiple free quotes plus the benefits captured below:
- You will access a free solar panel cost calculator to calculate your energy costs and savings to decide if solar is good for you.
- Multiple solar quotes from pre-screened solar installers in your local area.
- You will gain access to a pool of solar financiers that will provide you with the best interest rates in the market.
- Also, in case you don’t want to purchase cash for your solar PV system, there are various financing options for going solar such as leasing or solar PPA which do not require you to put any money down or own the PV system.
- By joining EnergySage or Pick My Solar you can access these financing options and get good advice regarding which option is best fit for your specific situation.
- This process is 100% online and no phone calls are required if you decide to.
- You will gain access to solar ad visors that you can ask any solar or related questions that you may have.
- Last, but not least, by joining EnergySage or Pick My Solar you can lower your solar panel cost significantly.
- A recent study by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) found out that PV installers using platforms like these ones (EnergySage & Pick My Solar) bid $0.24 per watt lower because of increased solar installer competition.
“How to save money & time using online tools for going solar. ”
2018 SwitchtoSolar Online Marketing, LLC